August 15, 2006

Happy Anniversary! Love, Warren

After years of hoping while studios released every two-bit, dimwitted B movie in their vaults, I am so excited that Paramount is finally issuing REDS on DVD. The 25th Anniversary of the film - one of my all-time favorites (I saw it at least 7 times during its initial release, including back-to-back showings - yes I was obsessed!) - was the peg they were waiting for, I suppose. Will its Oscar-winning director Warren Beatty do any press to push sales? Doubtful, but who cares?! Now, if I could only find more information about what extras, if any, are being included. It seems to me that there is plenty of room on a second (or third!) DVD for the witness interviews in their entirety; is that what the purported 6-part documentary consists of? Well, one can hope...

P.S. Note to Paramount: it's time to update your web site, don't you think? There's no mention of this DVD's October 3 drop.

No comments: