September 02, 2006

Another cool productivity tool

My satisfaction with time-saving and cool applications like ClearContext has me searching for others. I've been playing with Tidy Start Menu, which does one thing very well: more easily organize my Windows Start menu. Until now, whenever I added an application, or updated a previous one, the new folders and shortcuts messed up my previous organization of links. After a significantly distracting amount of clutter had developed, I'd right click on Start/Programs/ Explore All Users and move things around. To get things right I usually had to double check the default user and administrator folders as well.

Tidy Start Memo makes the task a whole lot simpler and the results are considerably better. I like that I can choose custom icons, and the best feature is that you can delete an app by simply right-clicking on it. Download the free version and give it a try.

No comments: